Thursday 26 February 2009

Watched a good film last night


Rachel and I try to at least once a week have a date night. It usually means one of us trying to cook a special dinner for the other and then going to catch a movie. Last night it was my turn to cook and may i add the risotto was amazing.

The film we went to see though was Grand Torino with Clint Eastwood. I was expecting a good film but what i got was instead an excellent one.
I talked to a mate today who said he hates it when he goes to see a movie and watches it with a youth work hat on. Me on the other hand I love going to films as it gives me a chance to reflect and stuff and I guess in a weird at the minute it is one of the ways that i feel i hear God. Thats for another day.
I wont spoil the film but the things that came through to me from it were about sacrifice and how far would you go to protect someone or stand up for them.
When the film ended Rach turned round to me and said he was kinda like Jesus and even though Clint Eastwood was racist and rude to many people through out the film the moral side still shone brighter.

I would recommend this film to anyone and best of all it was not to heavy but you were left thinking in a good way.

0 comments: