Wednesday 14 January 2009

Over the past while I have been having a tough time. Work has been a struggle and although the issues have not really passed I have tried to move on. They will sort themselves out in the right time. What i have to do is to trust that God is in the middle of everything no matter how horrible I am feeling.

A few days ago I tried to explain to rach my ideas for what i would like to do for the art piece that i have to make for my new module at cambridge. She was getting it to a point and then it was going over over her head. 
What i was trying to do was explain that i would love to use stencil or dots to make a picture. Of what of i don't know but i wanted to these technique because i like the method involved in looking at it.
Yes you look at it the same way that you would anything else but what do we look at? 
What i mean by this is do we look at the colour or do we look at the white / absence of colour.







I found this image that i think illustrates my point. From a distance what we see is an image but that image is made up of thousands of dots of colour and not colour but when we focus on it we don't see the individual elements but the wholeness.

I think there is so much that can be taken from this it could be reflected up from many angles but for the minute i just want to leave it there.


0 comments: